Thursday, December 27, 2007

when is my departure date?

i wanted to be an free and easy setting off... i told my wife, after we prepare and pack everything (slowly), then the next morning we wake up, pray to my mum, have a coffee and breakfast at the coffeeshop downstair then just move on... at our own pace.

wah now... many people wan to send us off... i wanna thanks to all these friends and relatives. all chasing me for date... they call and sms me: oei... izzit 31st dec or 1st jan?

i said i dont know... so many important things haven do... last minute cock up...

example, our personal accident insurance with AXA, i settled 2 months ago... cheque issued. yesterday i recived news that we are rejected bcoz we are going one shot 540 days... not coming back.. not many insurance company wan to take us...

i have an idea.. i have a AIA saving insurance, i call that agent (never met b4) and she helped us to add on to our saving insurance. but will have 25% loading.... bopian... 50% or 200% loading oso must pay at this last minute. they need to summit the next day, then posting takes 1-3 working days, then it takes 1-3 days for the person in charge to recive on his desk, then need 3-5 working days for him to think about my case of going to 48countries in 18 months on bike, then gota discuss with his superior and that takes another 1-3 working days, then upon confirmation or got re-offer of the premium, they need to type a letter to my agent explaining the case, then the agent need to find time to meet me make sure i sign with ink with the re-offer with loading, then need to sent back to process at the accounts department, then can approve.......

I JUST WANT TO BUY AN INSURANCE POLICY, WHY SO DIFFICULT?!?! CANT SOMEBODY TAKE THE DECISION TO MAKE THE DEAL?! MUST GO THRO THIS GO THRO THAT?! CHECK HERE CHECK THERE?!?! FAX NOT WORKING, NEVER RECIVE EMAIL, CHECK THE EMAIL ADDRESS IF ITS CORRECT, THE MAIL WAS SENT 3 WEEKS AGO BLAH BLAH BLAH........

i call another insurance company and buy thro phone... they are gonna collect the $ tomorow and will only sent the policy 3 weeks after they collect the money. WHAT THE HELL?! 3 weeks?!!?!? we./.... my sis gonna handle it on my behalf.

so how my friends? if u were me?

we do not want to miss anything not done in singapore.

we do not have anybody to wipe our backside after we go.

we will only come back in 18 months if we leave our handphone at home and thought of u-turn to retrive it.

this trip... inspired me 10 years ago.... start research 5 years ago, working on it 3 years ago, 100% compiling all the bits and pieces by the 2 of us full time at only 1 month ago.

tight..... somemore motorbike gone. fund not enough. no corporate backup sponsor.

many many reason for me not to go!

how ah? still start on 1st jan 2008?

dear friends: please advice me.

No comments: